When is Intro to Clinical Practice?
The course runs from June 25 to July 5, 2018.
Why is every session mandatory?
Every session is mandatory, because there is no final exam. In lieu of a final exam, 100% attendance is required to complete the course. The only exception is excused absences approved by UME. Make-up assignments will be done for excused absences.
What is the course completion criteria?
- 100% Attendance (exception: absences approved by UME, where make-up assignments must be completed)
- Teamwork Simulation Reflective Worksheet (done live after the Escape Game session)
- Hand Hygiene Certificate (done live during Infection Prevention and Control session)
- Medication Reconciliation Activity (due in hardcopy to UME office before 1:30pm Wednesday, June 27, 2018)
- Reflective Practice Entry (done live during Reflective Practice session on Thursday, June 28, 2018)
Where can I find the resources for my sessions?
Please view information about the individual sessions under the “Sessions” tab on the main intro.ucalgaryblogs.ca website. Alternatively, materials will also be posted on OSLER.
Where and when can I get access to the preceptor notes?
After the course is complete, you will have access to the preceptors notes through this link. The password will be given out then.
Why are there no primers to neuro, obsgyne, peds, and psych, etc. to help me for my pre-clerkship rotations?
There are already dedicated courses and curricular time in the medical school (i.e. Course 5, Course 6, and Course 7) to teach this material. The purpose of Intro to Clinical Practice is to provide learners with foundational, practical knowledge and skills to help medical students be effective junior clinicians. It is the responsibility of students to do additional self-learning in topics of further interest to them.