The overarching objective of ICP is to help medical students be effective junior clinicians from two key perspectives—patient safety and their own safety. ICP is “practical, and practice for your practice”.
In designing and delivering ICP, we aim for:
- Usefulness and practicality
- A “less is more” philosophy
ICP starts at 9:30am on June 26, 2017. Learners, it is recommended that you complete “Med Rec” online during the first IST or before the course starts. Unless otherwise stated, the first sessions of the each day start at 8:30am; the exceptions are Orientation (9:30am), Team Trauma Day (earliest group starts at 8am), and Suturing and Tying (earliest group starts at 9am).
- Click here for the course outline
Course Completion Criteria
- 100% Attendance (exception: absences approved by UME, where make-up assignments must be completed)
- Hand Hygiene Certificate (done live during the June 30th hand hygiene / PPE session)
- Medication Reconciliation Certificate (due in hardcopy to UME office before 1pm July 4th)
- Reflective Practice Written Assignment (done live during the July 6th Reflective Practice session)